ASSIGNMENT No. 1
Q.1 Convert the following statements into appropriate questions.
- She is serving in education ministry these days.
Is she serving education ministry these days?
- Massive illiteracy is the greatest hurdle in the path of progress and prosperity.
Is massive illiteracy the greatest hurdle in the path of progress and prosperity?.
q.2: Observe your mother’s daily activities closely for a few days and then write a brief and concise paragraph about her daily routine. The paragraph must be both cohesive and coherent.
My mother is a business entrepreneur. She has a very busy schedule despite which she takes good care of the whole family and also manages the house.She wakes up at 5 o’clock in the morning, cleans the whole house, and makes food. After doing all the housework she takes a bath and does her prayers and meditation, as she is a very spiritual person..
Q.3 Write question tags for the following sentences. Notice carefully whether the statement is positive or negative in each case.
- They are working very hard, would they score better marks in finals ?
- They do not take interest in their studies, should I ask their teachers ?
Q.4 Write an informal letter to one of your friends and express your apologies for not being able to attend his/her wedding ceremony by giving some suitable justification.
I hope you are doing well. I received your marriage invitation yesterday and I’m so excited and happy for you.
Q.5 The following instances contain some highlighted words, guess the meaning of these words and use them into sentences of your own.
- He may know how to layup a basketball, but my jump shot is extraordinary.
Her remarkable victory in international tennis championship shows her hard work